Make Them Hear You Virtual Choir
For the "graduation" event on May 20th, the choir has been asked to provide a recording of the piece we were slated to sing at regular graduation. So this assignment is our final project for choir this year. Here is what you need to do. Follow these instructions very carefully!!!
- Make sure you know your part well before you make your recording. AT THE BEGINNING, GIRLS SING THE FIRST SOLO. BOYS SING THE SECOND SOLO.
- Practice with the provided accompaniment in this assignment to make sure that you know the tempo of this particular recording before you record yourself. This accompaniment IS DIFFERENT from the practice tracks in the last assignment. It is also attached to a video of me conducting the song. This is the track you will use for your recording.
- Steps to making your recording:
- You are going to need 2 devices. One to record yourself with and the other to use as a music source.
- Play the music video through earphones so that the accompaniment isn't on your recording, just your voice.
- When you record your VIDEO (yes, we want a video with you on it so that we can see you singing on the screen with everyone else), make sure your phone is in horizontal position, NOT VERTICAL.
- The music video you will listen to as you record yourself has 4 clicks before it starts. You will notice on the video of me conducting the song that I clap with the last to clicks. YOU MUST DO THIS AS WELL. CLAP RIGHT WITH THE LAST TWO CLICKS. It is helpful to watch the video of me conducting so that you stay right with the music and don't rush the tempo.
- When you are done making your recording name the file with your name and voice part then share it with me and Craig Zeeman via google drive. Here are our emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will be in my office MWF from 11:30-1:30 to answer questions or help learn parts or to help with making recordings. You can also come during this time to get hard copies of the music if you find using the pdf difficult. I will also leave some copies in the front office for you to check out if you can't come during my office hours. Please email me if you want to meet with me during this time.
- You will not submit anything through canvas for this assignment. As soon as I have your recording I will enter the points on your canvas grade.